Master switch to turn off all API calls?

Is there a master switch setting in Platform, Compliance and Inventory that will allow me to disable all API access and turn it back on when I need to? I know I can do it by going through each operator but that is time consuming.

Thx
Neville

1 Like

You could use roles for this:

• Turn off REST API access to all operators
  • Add all to a new role
  • Use the role’s REST API access for control
1 Like

Hi Jeremy, I was thinking of doing that as last resort but was really hoping for a client setting.

We have a role to disable api access for the console users but this doesn’t translate over to Inventory though.

This would apply to only Bigfix console and not inventory\compliance as I don’t see an option to restrict api access using roles.

Badly need a way in Inventory to turn off the api, run imports, then turn it back on. If you have too many api calls during import, the import falls down.

Perhaps this will help:

Synchronizing with Data Imports

I have not seen any such failures during imports. As suggested by @itsmpro92 having scripts check import status before making API calls would be the best approach.

Some other suggestions would be to

• schedule import during maintenance hours or when scheduled scripts are not running.
  • increase the memory used by BFI in jvm.options
1 Like

In a larg org, you don’t have the control. Vote plz https://bigfix-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/BFINV-I-320