Manually Populate Data

(imported topic written by ErnieF91)

I want to use Bigfix as a one stop shop for server information, so I added a few properties for data that was manually collected. Here is how I populate the fields when a new server shows up. I have another task that reads a csv file and update the server enmass. I’ll post it later.

Task:

delete __appendfile

delete servinfo.reg

appendfile REGEDIT4

action parameter query “Business Owner” with description “Please enter the Business Owner name you would like to add:” With default “”

action parameter query “Asset Tag” with description “Please enter the Asset Tag Number you would like to add:” With default “”

action parameter query “Asset Tag AR” with description “Please enter the Asset Tag AR Number you would like to add:” With default “”

action parameter query “Asset Tag PO” with description “Please enter the Asset Tag PO Number you would like to add:” With default “”

action parameter query “Application Usage:Business Related” with description “Please enter the Application Usage description you would like to add:” With default “”

action parameter query “Port Information” with description “Please enter the Port Information (SW#-#/##) you would like to add:” With default “”

action parameter query “Floor Location” with description “Please enter the Floor Location you would like to add:” With default “”

if {parameter “Business Owner” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Business Owner

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Business Owner” of action}"

endif

if {parameter “Asset Tag” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Asset Tag

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Asset Tag” of action}"

endif

if {parameter “Asset Tag AR” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Asset AR

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Asset Tag AR” of action}"

endif

if {parameter “Asset Tag PO” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Asset PO

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Asset Tag PO” of action}"

endif

if {parameter “Application Usage:Business Related” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Application Usage: Business Related

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Application Usage:Business Related” of action}"

endif

if {parameter “Port Information” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Port Information

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Port Information” of action}"

endif

if {parameter “Floor Location” of action =! “”}

appendfile "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Floor Location

"

appendfile “value”="{parameter “Floor Location” of action}"

endif

move __appendfile servinfo.reg

wait regedit -s servinfo.reg

Ernie

(imported comment written by Dakshina91)

Hi,

Great !!!

I am to working on similar kind of requirement. We to have collected few properties of client manually and updated in CSV file.

We want to update this fields to be reflecting in BES database. As you mentioned that you have created a task which read the data from a CSV file and write the content to the client registry and which can be further imported to BigFix database.

Please share the task which performs this action of reading from CSV and writing to registry.

Regards

Dakshina

Did that task you mentioned ever get posted. I am not good at relevance and when I tried to create the task, it asks for the input before I can take action rather than at the user side.