Manage Software Distribution

I notice that Managed Software Distribution was updated to remove Flash. The problem is that it is extremely slow to the point that it is really not functional. It seems to hang for minutes at a time. It also appears that the column widths cannot be adjusted.

@adinia can you assist @mbartosh regarding this matter?

1 Like

Hi,
we need more info about this issue.
Like for example How many software package do you have and how many files for each package?
To avoid sharing internal info on the forum, could you open a support ticket?

We need the result of the following 2 relevance executed from the Presentation Debugger:

Relevance1:

unique values of (name of it &"|~|" & private flag of it as string& “|~|” & value of it) of variables whose (name of it starts with “SWD_Package_” AND name of it does not end with “-SavedPaths”) of bes wizards

Relevance 2:

(name of it ,id of it as string ,(if exists site of it then name of site of it else “Unknown”) of it, (if exists issuer of it then name of issuer of it else “Unknown”) of it, applicable computer count of it as string , creation time of it as string , link href of it as string, mime field “x-fixlet-swd-wizard-data” of it as string, mime field “x-fixlet-swdSelectedFiles” of it as string, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-swdCommandOverride” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-swdCommandOverride” of it as string else “”) , mime field “x-fixlet-swdPackageID” of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-runAsSystem” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-runAsSystem” of it as string else “true”) of it , (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-runFileSha1” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-runFileSha1” of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists category of it then category of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists source of it then source of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists source id of it then source id of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists source severity of it then source severity of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists download size of it then download size of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists source release date of it then source release date of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists domain of it then id of domain of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-specOpsPreloadData” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-specOpsPreloadData” of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-canPreserveCustom” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-canPreserveCustom” of it as string else “”) of it, modification time of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-pkgTag” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-pkgTag” of it as string else “”) of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-advancedLogOptions” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-advancedLogOptions” of it as string else “{}”) of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-advancedPathOptions” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-advancedPathOptions” of it as string else “{}”) of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-prePostInstall” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-prePostInstall” of it as string else “{}”) of it, (if exists mime field “x-fixlet-pkgType” of it then mime field “x-fixlet-pkgType” of it as string else “”) of it) of custom bes fixlets whose (exists mime field “x-fixlet-swd-wizard-data” of it AND exists mime field “x-fixlet-swdPackageID” of it)

Thank you

1 Like

@rrossi Experiencing the same issue with the Software Distribution dashboard. Any updates or solution to the problem?

Hi,
we are still investigating.
In the meantime, as workaround, I would suggest to keep using the old flash dashboard that is still there.

1 Like

The new SWD site 93 has been just released; it contains the fix to the slow down.

1 Like

Thanks for fixing the SWD. It appears to be working now.

Would it be possible to add the ability to stretch the columns? It would especially be nice on the Package name column. I realize hovering over the name will show the full title, but it would be more convenient to be able to stretch the column. Thanks!

1 Like

The column resize issue is due to the change in technology. We are working to resolve it.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

We noticed a new issue with the updated version of Managed Software Distribution.
When trying to import any .zip file, we get the following error:

The specified file does not exist.

Im sure the .zip packages are ok, because we can import them with the old Software Distribution Dashboard.

Do you guys have seen that issue before, or any suggestions what could be ?

Thank you in advance,

A workaround to this issue is to map the network drive with a drive letter.

1 Like

It appears we are getting some duplication of packages with the new SWD.

Also, it is much more difficult to work with than the old version. The user friendliness is no where near the old version.

could you open a new support ticket so we can help with the duplication of packages.
Thanks

I am still finding the new SWD unusable. I forced myself to use it today figuring I better get used to it, and now I find that it hangs uploading a directory of files. I have subsequently found that canceling the upload and starting again is successful. This is a workaround. There is still an issue.

Additionally, there needs to be the ability to resize columns.

Also, there is too much scrolling in the windows require. Please make the windows bigger and compress the space in order to eliminate all of the scrolling.

Has the latest update listed at A new update to Software Distribution console site is available: site 101 improved the situation for you?

1 Like

Yes the latest update seems to have fixed all of the issues. Although, it would be nice to not have to do so much scrolling. Make the windows a little bigger and compress the text.

3 Likes

It is still hanging doing an import. When selecting compress at 1 level and there is no 1 level, it hangs.

Also, why does the package name get the same default column width as the version?

Hi Mike,
we were able to replicate the upload issue. We are going to release the fix this week.

1 Like

Thank you! That is good news.

Now, can you adjust the default column widths so that are not all the same? For example, the package name should not be the same default width as the version.

Also, there is a lot of scrolling required. Make the popup windows bigger and compress the content so that scrolling is not required as much.

There are still issues with the Manage Software Distribution Dashboard. This time the problem is with the Application Management Groups. When I added a task, all of the endpoints started to get a script error message popping up which resulted in many users reporting the error.

The message is: Invalid character in file c:\users\username\AppData/Local/Temp/BES/ClientUI/Available%20Software/ClientDashboard.js.

Additionally, the Application Management Groups has the following issues that the packages area had.

1. Extremely slow.
2. Unable to resize columns.
3. Columns inappropriately sized.

Hello @mbartosh,
a case has been opened by L2 to track this issue.

Regards