Lost bfadmin0 password; can not find besadmin.exe

I have a test installation of bigfix left behind by our consultant but there is no sign of password for the bfadmin0 account and there are no other super administrators.

I scoured the developerworks and found the workaround to create a masterOp using the command line tool besadmin.exe, yet, I can not find this executable neither in my test nor in my production environments. As if it was deliberately removed.

Is there a way to reinstate the executable without going through the whole installation procedure ? I am totally unfamiliar with installation anyway. So it will be a very long haul task, considering me and my BF server are in the opposite corners of the US. I was hoping if there is a way to download one single executable from somewhere at ibm.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BESAdmin is the same BESAdmin used everywhere. Is this a Windows or Linux install?

We don’t have BESAdmin as a single download but the installs are definitely available. This should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server on Windows (thats the default location) and in /opt/BESServer/bin on Linux

You could always install a temporary copy of the BES Server on a new host and retrieve the besadmin.exe from there.

I’d be more concerned that if this is nefarious, you may not have your site signing private key or password either. You can contact IBM Support but I’m pretty sure that if your key or password is lost, you’re looking at rebuilding the infrastructure.