Location Property by subnet

Hi, i want to use the location property but i have almost 10000 subnet which differ from 3rd octets not by half subnet , then how to use this property settings which allow me to figure out location of the servers.

I have a similar situation here. Way too many subnets for the Location Wizard, plus I wanted to incorporate additional information about each “Location” including things like Relay Affiliation Groups to minimize network traffic when clients look for a Relay.

I’ve been working on a solution to use a CSV file that lists “Subnet, Location, Facility, AffiliationGroup” along with two Tasks and an Analysis.

The first Task instructs the clients to download the CSV file and place it in a new folder I create under the “BES Client” folder so it’s won’t be deleted when the client restarts.

A Task then runs that checks a “LocationSubnet” Client Setting against the “Registration Subnet” of the client and if they differ (or the setting doesn’t exist yet), it sets the Setting and looks for it’s “Registration Subnet” in the CSV file and sets the Location, Facility and Relay Affiliation Groups to the correct values. An Analysis then returns the Location and Facility information for me.

Thanks for your reply, how to create AffiliationGroup? I am using as of now failover Relay list with Client automatic settings.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Relay%20Affiliation

I got the below information from the link which you provided.

Just want to know if i create a affiliation group while giving the client settings as per the below step , then how i would add relays in AsiaPacific / America / DMZ zones?

BigFix Clients are assigned to one or more relay affiliation groups through the TEM Client Settings:
_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList

This BigFix Client setting should be set to a semi-colon (:wink: delimited list of relay affiliation groups.
Example: AsiaPacific;Americas;DMZ