Local operator move content LDAP operator

We have gone from using local operators to LDAP operators. My question is, if there is an easy way to convert/move the content (fixlets, Analyses a.o.) from the local operator site to the LDAP operator site.

Thanks in advance

Interesting question - as I am playing around with LDAP and BigFix operations. As far as my limited experiments have gone - it does not appear that BigFix is updating any information in the LDAP server. My expectation is that it would need to have a LDIF loaded to update/create it’s own DIT.

In short, LDAP operator’s are merely getting their Identification and Authorization credentials from the LDAP server. Assign the same role a local operator had to the new LDAP operator and all should be as you (and your operators) expected.

Experts - please correct me if I am wrong!

That would work for content in Custom Sites, but not for anything explicitly created in an Operator Site.

OP’s simplest option is to export as the old user and then import as the new one, or ‘Create Custom Copy’ of all the things into a custom site shared by the old and new account.

1 Like

Had forgotten all about “operator” sites - as I have tried to avoid them. re: export/import - one quick way to export might be to use the extremely common URLs such as:

http://bigfix.home.local:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/opsite100

Which also brings to mind (but off topic) - maybe I do not want the content of all my sites to be so visible. We are talking “security” management after all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can resolve that by enforcing Authenticating Relays.

(Careful what you ask for, you just might get it…)

I have been converting local operators to ldap operators recently. Right click the operator the select “Convert to LDAP Operator”, this will keep the opsite content. Thoroughly test this out if you have custom applications that tie into your instance.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan! :slight_smile: