LMT - wscanfs causes 90-100% cpu usage

Hi,

Once or twice a week, the process wscanfs causes a lot of cpu usage (nearly 100%) on a (random) Linux RHEL/CentOs server. The process has to be killed to get the server in concern act normal again. Of course this is a very unwanted situation.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Chiel

Yes, that is the BigFix Inventory or ILMT Scanner. This comes from the task “Initiate Software Scan”.
Before you take the action from that task, the Description page has several configurable options, including a CPU throttling option.

Stop your “Initiate Software Scan” actions, and take new actions from the task, configuring the CPU Throttle option.

Thnx for your response.
The software scans are ‘scheduled’ by LMT via ‘analyses’ - 'Installed UNIX packages’ task. I’m not sure how this actually works. I know the task ‘Initiate Software Scan’ has the CPU option, but as far as I know, this can only set when you run this task manually.

Yes, I believe you are correct. You’d need to stop the automated scans in the BFI interface, and use the scan action from the console instead.

You can take a single action feom the console though, and use the (default) settings so that the scan action does not expire and reapplies weekly.

Hi Jason,

I’ll give it a try.
tnx.