List of current BigFix Sites?

I’m looking at our License Overview and seeing a lot of sites that are either unsupported or outdated and obsolete (Patches for ESX, BigFix AntiPest, etc.) and am interested in cleaning this up. Is there a list of currently maintained sites anywhere? I’m currently having to take a look at each gather URL (http://sync.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/bfgather/patchesforesx3, for example) to see that the site hasn’t been updated in 9 years (or more!)…

@drothert, can you or someone from your team help @straffin with this query?

1 Like

I will share that I was inspired to this action partially due to the list of “Unsupported” and “Obsolete” sites in today’s update to the BigFix - Flash announcement thread. I didn’t know many of these were no longer updated or used.

Bump? There’s got to be some documentation on this somewhere, right?

Via Google, I was able to find the following documentation links.

Additionally, you can always look at the License Overview dashboard in the BigFix Management domain to see what sites are available to subscribe based upon your license configuration.

I tried searching in the public BigFix wiki, but have not been able to find documentation that’s specific to external sites.

@Shivi would you be able to provide additional documentation links for BigFix external sites to @straffin? Thank you.

Thanks @cmcannady! The issue is that a bunch of the sites listed in our License Overview are obsolete and unsupported, yet they’re still listed. (We’ve been using BigFix for a very long time.) Again, I only started looking at this due to the Flash announcement message saying that some sites were obsolete or unsupported and I was like “Huh…really? Who knew?”. :slight_smile:

Hi, it would also be beneficial to have a short explanation for each site (the names can be a bit obscure for their purpose), instead of enabling the sites to see what they have inside, for example this peace of beauty i found today:
but the name was

updateforwinappextend

only after enabling it i could see what a pearl it is.

2 Likes