List applicable baseline components

(imported topic written by comjb)

Greetings,

I have been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out the relevance to list the Subject names of baseline components for all applicable baselines on a given machine. Can anybody help? I’ve poured through the forums already trying various syntax. We are running version 9.0

Our end goal is to list relevant baseline components in the description field of an offer action. I’m not sure if this is possible, so I’m willing to test using relevance I need shown above, if I could only get it to work.

(imported comment written by BrianPGreen)

It’s not possible to get this information using relevance that will be evaluated on the client machine. The client only knows that the whole baseline is relevant or not – it doesn’t keep track of the individual components unless you create an action from the baseline. There might be a workaround to suit what you want to do, but I can’t think of something simple of the top of my head right now.

(imported comment written by comjb)

In this case we would be submitting an action of the baseline to the client.

(imported comment written by JasonWalker)

Sorry for the non-answer. I’m pretty sure there’s a way to do it but I’ll check when I get back to work Monday.

(imported comment written by jgstew)

I’m not sure that relevance substitution will work in the offer text of an action. What you want to query should work using session relevance, but that definitely won’t work in the offer text.

It should be possible to use the RESTAPI to automatically generate separate actions with separate offer text for every relevant machine, but this will cause there to be a huge number of actions, which is bad.

I’ve also run into a wall trying to evaluate this from the client. Can you consider doing this in Web Reports, and potentially giving your users a link to the Web Report as part of the Action Offer text?

I have to think this is stored in the client somewhere, but I’m getting nowhere with the client inspectors. Has anyone around tried pulling this directly from the client’s actionhistory.db using sqlite?