Licensing Issues?

Anyone seeing these in their BESRelay.log? Looks like they started Friday, Jan 10, 2020 and my last one as of this writing is Monday, Jan 13, 2020.

Fri, 10 Jan 2020 14:13:48 -0500 - LicenseUpdater (7600) - LicenseUpdater error: License server error: A request for serial #152177814 has been received but the license is no longer valid

Mon, 13 Jan 2020 18:26:55 -0500 - LicenseUpdater (7600) - LicenseUpdater error: License server error: A request for serial #152177814 has been received but the license is no longer valid

I sent you an email. We have seen some issues with the licensing server as of late that are being corrected. If you continue to see the issue in your logs consistently please open a ticket and send me the case #.

Hello.

Did you find any solution to this problem ? Currently I’m facing the same problem?

Thanks

Regards
Tommy

There was an issue on the HCL side. I suggest you open a ticket, including your license number, and attached your recent PO/Receipt of your license entitlement.

Thanks for your feedback and response :slight_smile:

Regards
Tommy

Tommy - Please email me at daniel.paquette@hcl.com.

Done.
Thanks for your feedback,

Regards
Tommy

Did you get a chance to look into this ?

Regards
Tommy

We were able to resolve this for the original poster.

If you are still seeing this issue with the same error - I need you to open a support case and email me the support case # to daniel.paquette@hcl.com

I checked my email and you never emailed me as originally requested based on my search.

Thanks for getting back to me Dan.
That was strange, I actually sent you two emails.

I will open a PMR.

Regards
Tommy