License split up for different location

Dear Team,

In our new office setup having 6 different location and 300 endpoints, I need to install IBM Bigfix server for each location due to isolated connectivity**( Each location don’t have any communication with other location)**

Note: Internet relay also prohibited due to company policy

Location 1: 30
Location 2: 60
Location 3: 20
Location 4: 70
Location 5: 40
Location 6: 80

Like above can i split up the license file from passport advantage site ???

Regards
Vicky

You need to go to the license manager site http://www-01.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/TivoliEndpointManager_Licensing.html

You can also access this from the License Overview dashboard.

Once in there, you create new license keys for each site and allocate the numbers you need. If you have them all allocated to one license, you have to reduce that number before you can allocate to another.

Martin

1 Like

You could use a VPN to bridge just the relays in each location, which would remove the need for separate root servers.

Separate root servers is going to be a massive pain.

An internet facing relay that requires client authentication and encryption would be the easiest option and pretty secure. I realize this may be against policy, but it is worth pushing back against. The level of extra complexity separate root servers will require is going to be annoying. You could even go as far as to only allow communication to the internet relay by the IPs of the other relays, so while it would technically be on the internet, it wouldn’t be available to the internet as a whole.

Thanks for your inputs @TheTick

Yes I agree @jgstew , we will discuss about these pain points to our team and try to configure internet facing relays or VPN. Thanks

1 Like