Last Report Time Report - send email only when there is a computer not reporting in over 1 day

This should be fairly straightforward, but I am struggling to figure this out and get it to work. I have a VERY SIMPLE web report that shows computer not responding in over 1 day. I have that report emailed to our support team every day via a scheduled activity. The problem is, I don’t want it to email that group when there are no computers on it, and they’re trying to cut down on number of emails, so it makes sense to only email when there’s a computer to investigate…

I thought I had it figured out when I put this in the ‘match relevance’ section:

exists (name of it, (now - last report time of it) / day > 0 ) of bes computers AND (exists true whose (if true then (exists (operating system) whose (it as string as lowercase contains “win” as lowercase)) else false))

<note, we have both Windows and Unix servers, we’re not too concerned about Unix at this point>.

We had two servers lose network connectivity in a remote office and these should have been on the emailed report, but they weren’t. No report went out. These servers are still not responding, but with that relevance, it’s not working. How can I use the super easy scheduled report to only email when there’s a computer that truly isn’t responding in over one day?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Gina

I believe

exists (operating system)

Is always giving ‘false’ because you’re aren’t tying that to any ‘bes computers’.

Try

Exists bes computers whose (operating system of it as string as lowercase starts with "win" and (now - last report time of it > 1 * day))

Edit: fixed a quote

1 Like

@JasonWalker - you are awesome, that did it! Thank you so much!!

1 Like