Last Report Time Mis-Match between Bigfix Console & BigFix Database

Hello Team,

Can someone please help me out with solution if anyone had came across the below situation?

I can see few computers are reporting with older date (Say for 95 days older) and since we are running BES Admin Clean up tool to remove expired computers (the criteria is 90 days), but not sure why those computers which are reported older than 95 days did not get removed part of the clean-up.

When I checked in the database for those computer records, I can see last report time for those computers is much lesser than 90 days, which is one of the reason I believe admin clean-up tool was not able to consider that as expired computers. Also what I can see for those computers in the database, there is a column called LastReportSent where the timestamp value matches with BigFix Console Last report time for those computers.

Thanks.

I’d suggest that this scenario warrants opening a support ticket for further investigation and troubleshooting.

Hello Aram,

Thanks for your response.

Yes we have opened the support case. I will update here once we find the problem.

Additionally I have one more query, would it be possible to consider 2 parameters while we remove expired computers?

Say using both Computer Name & Domain Name?

It’s possible to do this with the REST API.

A workaround to achieve this via the Computer Remover in BESAdmin is to create a custom property with the 2 properties concatenated together, then specifying this custom property as the one to use to find duplicate computers.

1 Like

Hello Aram,

Thanks for your response again, I will get that tested to see if that works as expected to our requirement. Thank you so much for your help.