Large lists in filters

Hello,

Just wanted to check if anyone has come up with a better way to filter out a large lists into a filter in session relevance. In my particular case, it’s within a custom report that allows the operator to paste in a list of machines, which the report display data for but as soon as those list become larger (100+) the report get extremely slow. The two approaches I’ve tried are:
set of bes computers whose (name of it as lowercase = “name1” or name of it as lowercase = “name2” or … or name of it as lowercase = “name100”)

set of bes computers whose ((rope “,name1” & rope “,name2” & … & rope “,name100”) contains (","& name of it as lowercase &","))

and the latter is a bit faster but still not fast enough where I can scale up the size of the list to let’s say 500, 1000, 2000 or even more. Any ideas of a better way to do something like this at a larger scale?

Have you tried using the “is contained by” operator such as…
set of bes computers whose (name of it as lowercase is contained by "name1;name2;name3;...;namen" as lowercase)

Just fyi, if anyone else is going through this, the solution is - with 1200 machine names still 170ms evaluation time:

Number of items 1 of (it, bes computers) whose (name of item 1 of it as lowercase is contained by item 0 of it) of (intersection of ( set of ((it as lowercase) of names of bes computers); set of (“name1”; “name2”; …; “name1200”)))

2 Likes