KB4093118 updated in MS and not updated on console

Hello,

I can see KB4093118 is showing as updated on 12th Apr. But in console, we can see the source release date of 10th Apr. We have synced the site Patches for Windows on 13th Apr. and there is no new version available to sync.

Is the patch KB4093118 available on console is latest?
If yes, why the source release date is 10th Apr?

Source Release date of a patch means First release date or latest modified date ?

Can someone help on this please?

I just downloaded the KB4093118 MSU patches from the Microsoft catalog and compared the checksums with the checksums in the BigFix content. The sha1 values match so the patch itself hasn’t actually changed.
BigFix generally does not go back and edit a fixlet if the patch itself hasn’t changed, meaning that fixlets can have dates that don’t match the “Last Updated” column in the catalog.

do you mean to say, BigFix wont give patch last updated date of Microsoft ?

If you check the patch release sub-section of this forum, you’ll see plenty of meta-data updates and relevance updates, where the binary may not have changed but the informative text or logic has changed.

Most likely, IBM will update the fixlet if it is necessary.

Yes, my understanding that the MSU for the update did not change, so the patch we are deploying did not change. The only thing that really changed was the way the patch was being deployed through WSUS itself, which where the problem was. The dates were changed in the KB to primarily due to updates about the issue with WSUS and about how it is now solved.