July Mac Updates

Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something… but I take it the Mac updates from July 9th, 2018 aren’t quite ready yet? Last I’m seeing is June 1st for the most recent updates.

Another side question, What is everyone’s way of ensuring their sites are properly gathering? For the Macs I just went to the Apple update site and saw they’ve released some updates in the last few days, telling me BigFix didn’t get them yet. Any other way to quickly check and make sure the sites “gather” is working.

Unlike Windows patches, there is no 24 hour release window for Mac patches. Normally, Mac patches come out within a week.

As for site gathering, one way to validate is to check the sync server for the site version. You can get the URL from the BES Console -> Sites -> select the site -> Details tab -> Gather URL. For example, with Patches for Mac OS X, it will be http://sync.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/bfgather/macpatches. In there, there will be a line that says Version: 434, which means the current site version is 434.

Gotcha. Thanks for the tip.