Java 8 -> 9, 10, 11

Has IBM posted any plans to support Java 9, 10, 11 updates? As Java 8 is end-of-life in January 2019, and 9 has already been superseded, we’re interested in beginning testing for 10 and 11.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/eol-135779.html

1 Like

Nope; had to build my java baseline from scratch. It was fun.

1 Like

I have a powershell script that takes out any old version of java. so you dont have to get fancy. if thats part of what you are trying to do.

1 Like

Post it on BigFix.me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think my thread got hijacked! I’m not interested in old version uninstalls, I’m looking for BigFix support for JRE 10 and 11

1 Like

Note that Oracle is removing the browser plug-in and Web Start functionality at some point after version 9, although the plug in is still in version 10. Oracle is telling devs to move away from system-level Java installs and move to bundling Java runtimes with applications.

Even so, my devs are going to expect a common Java install (which I’ll need to deploy) to run their variety of applications, regardless of where they install or host them.

1 Like

I know this is old - but if you still need help, I’ve deployed Java 8.151, 8.161, 8.172 to 5000+ machines this year w/ maybe 50 total help desk calls generated across all 3 deployments. I’d be happy to help.

If you look @ the bigfix fixlets for java as packaged, they want us to stage our own content in SWD. I’ve asked IBM a couple of times about this - nada…