Issue with a relevance query

Hello

I am having issues returning values for a bes property

I am using https://servername:52311/api/query?relevance=(ids of it, last report time of it, values of results(it, bes properties whose (name of it = Installed Applications - Windows"))) of bes computers

This property is from a globally activated analysis in the Bes Inventory and License site. I don’t get an error, what I get back query resource = " the session relevance query the time the query took but no data. This has been working for us in the past. The BigFix server is at version 10.0. 4. I also updated the property ID table. If I cahnage the query to a different property name, for example Dept, the query runs fine. Could it be there is to much information for the api to return?

Little more detail. if I run the same query as above on a old 9.5.15 BigFix server it works fine.

Unless it’s a copy/paste issue, you’re missing the opening doublequotes on “Installed Applications - Windows”.

Also be sure your query is URL-encoded, the spaces and doublequotes need to be replaced with the URL encodings unless your scripting tool is doing that for you.

Thanks for catching the double quote

If you get a return that looks like this, what does that mean?

{“result” :[], “plural”:true,“type”:"( integer, string, time, string, string, string)",“evaltime_ms”:24876}

Seems wied the query with the double quotes in the correct place runs on a 9.5.15 box with a couple of hundred client but not on a 10.0.4 box with a significantly higher number of clients

Given the way the property is being referenced (by name), if you happen to have more than one property with the same name, you could potentially encounter this sort of behavior. If that’s the case, there are a few potential approaches, but one is to include the analysis or site name as part of the filter, or reference the property by its unique id.

example:
(ids of it, last report time of it, values of results (it, bes properties whose (name of it = "Installed Applications - Windows" AND display name of site of source analysis of it = "BES Inventory and License"))) of bes computers

Thank you for showing me this. The api query still does not display any data, but is not showing any errors. What I get back is a message in the browser stating that the XML file does not have ant style information associated with it. I also see

<BESAPI xmlns : xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XML-Schema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BESAPI.xsd"> <Query Resource="(ids of it, last report time of it, values of results (it, bes properties whose (name of it = "Installed Applications - Windows" AND display name of site of source analysis of it = "BES Inventory and License"))) of bes computers">

What is very odd to me is if I make a copy of the original analysis and publish it in a customsite, adjust your relevance to account for the new site name, everything work fine. Short term I have disabled the out of the box analysis so I don’t have active duplicate property names. Not sure if the original property became corrupted somehow.