Is there any limitations or restrictions on Software Deployment for Mac OS X?

Hi All,

I have been using Mac Software Deployment for Installing the packages on Mac OS X.
If I talk about Adobe product, When I distribute the adobe product (.dmg) individually it gets compleated.
For E.g: //

Adobe PhotoShop CC 2017.0.1 (File Size:1.47GB)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC v6.8 (2015.8) (File Size: 1.51GB)

But when I am trying to install Adobe CC Suite (Complete product in one suite, File Size: Over 5GB) its not getting completed.

Is there any restriction on the size of application package files to be deployed (large installers)…??
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

The client does have some restrictions on download sizes, you might want to ensure your systems are able to cache that size of a package. The action of the task should notify you if the client can’t cache the download, I believe.

The best way to troubleshoot is to watch the client log while deploying the action.

Generally, we push “_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB” setting to the machine where status of the deployment occurs with “DISK LIMITED”. Once after inc. the cache limit, action goes to the next set of task to be executed. Still there is problem with large package which needs to be distributed.

From BenKus (https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014739941)

In 8.0 we had to redo some of our agent download manager to handle the pre-caching for that checkbox and we introduced some new settings. The two that Tyler mentioned are the most important:
_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB (Default is 250)
_BESClient_Download_NormalStageDiskLimitMB (Default is 2048)

The first setting (PreCache) controls how much data the agent will download when you check the box “Start client downloads before constraints are satisfied”.

The second setting (Normal) will affect all downloads (even if you don’t use that setting). We introduced this setting in 8.0 because we had removed a restriction that prohibited files >2GB from being downloaded so we wanted to add a setting that would allow customers to control the max download size.

I am not sure why this would affect baselines…

If you are hitting this issue, you can just raise the _BESClient_Download_NormalStageDiskLimitMB setting to something higher (maybe 10000?)

Ben

1 Like

In other words, try increasing _BESClientDownload_NormalStageDiskLimitMB

Lets try increasing _BESClient_Download_NormalStageDiskLimitMB (Default is 2048) to 8-10 GB in size and perform the deployment. Will see if it works…!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

Have you tried Network share deployment process using Bat file

Network Share deployment should not be used. It’s far to complex to set up, and doesn’t take advantage of relay caching and distribution. It works even less well on a Mac system as described in this post.

NFS-based distribution is easier to setup but also doesn’t take advantage of relay distribution and isn’t portable.

1 Like

@Nagaraj- Bat works with Windows but here its MAC OS.

1 Like