Is there a way i can find out on how many machines are patched using Bigfix?

Thanks !!

I was trying to find out the most feasible way to get this sorted.

You are going to need to solve this most likely with session relevance, either with the REST API, or a Console Dashboard, or Web Reports, or similar.

It would be helpful if you could provide a mock up of what you want the final result to look like with fake examples.

• Do you just want the number of computers?
  • or the number of patches?
  • or the number of computer times the number of patches?
  • Or do you want a table view of ???
  • How do you define a “patch”?

There are many existing web reports around patch reporting. There is also an add on compliance product that may help answer this question.

This console dashboard is kind of the opposite of what you are asking, it gives you only baselines with failures and shows you the components that have failures: https://github.com/jgstew/bigfix-content/blob/master/dashboards/BaselineStatusResults.ojo

This is probably not what you want, but it gives you a number representing the number of actions * number of computers targeted:

number of results of bes actions

You could filter this down to only the results that were “successful” and so on.

Thanks !!

I was looking for :-
. Number of computers patched using Bigfix irrespective of OS
. Out of patched how many are successful, failed etc…

If this can be retrieved in tabular view would be great.
I need to prove to management that people are using Bigfix but not showing management about the same as it might result in resource reduction :slight_smile:

Does this mean any action taken on a system using BigFix or only actions which are using content from External Patching Sites?

Are patches generally deployed using baselines?

Do you delete actions from BigFix? If so, then you won’t be able to get results for those using Session Relevance. If not, then you may have performance issues due to not clearing out old action data. If you clear out the action data, this means you will be much more able to report on BigFix over the past X days, rather than actually how much BigFix has been used from the beginning.

This is going to give you the biggest number in terms of how much bigfix has been “used” time number of systems: number of results of bes actions

This is the number of computers affected by bigfix actions: number of elements of set of computers of results of bes actions (this value should approach the total number of computers over time)

I want to fetch data from sites which have keywords like Patch or Enterprise as this will cover both custom and external sites.

Yes i do keep removing old data from Bigfix as part of maintenance activity.

Will the relevance mentioned below work for specific sites as this will get me entire data for machine on which any action was targeted.

The relevance I provided above could be used to filter down to just the patch sites stuff.