Inventory Parameter Error

We have an installation of Inventory version 9.2.11 where you can go to Management-Directory Servers and then test the connection, and the error that is returned is ‘parameter error’. The connection test had previously worked, and the ‘parameter error’ occurs for all four steps in the test – connecting, querying root dse, searching groups, and searching users.

We also verified that the account configured on this screen is not disabled and the password is set to never expire, and a nightly data import is working. I could not find much on what the ‘parameter error’ refers to? Thanks.

Is that a fresh installation or an upgrade. You said connection test had previously worked. At which stage it worked and when it finished working properly?

Also was there any change to your directory server (upgrade, other).

Inventory has been upgraded several times over the last 1-2 years, up to the 9.2.11 it is at now. It was upgraded a few weeks ago and the Test Connection worked then. I will need to check with someone on AD changes, since I do not access to it on this network.

Thanks, Jeff

Nothing has changed in the code that is checking connection for over a year now.

Apart from upgrade possible reason is that there were more than one directory server (primary and secondary server), now primary is down and secondary is not an exact copy of the primary. This ‘parameter error’ also looks like ldap problem and not BFI/LMT.