Integration with Bigfix and Netcool Omnibus

Hi Team
Good day!!
Appreciate your help!!
We are looking for Bigfix integration with Netcool Omnibus… Please let us know is there any knowledge center page or document will be available to achieve the same.

Thanks in advance.

What are you hoping to accomplish with the integration between Omnibus and BigFix?

Hi
This requirement is from bigfix server if any agent disconnection and or like if any patch incomplete state. its needs to send reports or mail it should be send to omni bus. from omnibus we already integrated many tools
like ICD and Slack channel and pagerduty.
our motivate bigfix can send if alert to omni bus. it will create icd ticket.

You can leverage on WebReports to send e-mails to Omnibus. You will need to create custom reports and set the criteria to send the automatic e-mails.

Take a look at the following links:

https://developer.bigfix.com/other/web-reports-api/custom_report.html
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli+Endpoint+Manager/page/BigFix+Custom+Reports

I don’t have any experience with Omnibus, but assuming it has an API interface then an integration is certainly possible. It is not provided out of the box, though, you would need to have an integration developed to meet your specific requirements.

You should work with your reseller to get in touch with HCL Lab Services or IBM Professional Services to discuss creating such an integration under contract.

To talk with Netcool OMNIbus, I think you have a couple methods to do this.(might be more, but off the top of my head)

1. SNMP traps
  2. REST API to Impact

For SNMP traps you could look at sending the traps as part of the action, so the traps would come from the agents. This would work, but you would need a way in your action script to send the alerts. You could either deploy a binary to do this or use powershell.

The same idea would work for the REST API, but you would need to use Impact for this function.

I guess you could also have this initiate from the server side where you have a process watching the actions and state changes, but this probably would not be very efficient.

There are probably a few other ways of doing this.