Let me present official approach to MS SQL 2016 working with BFI/LMT.
As it was already announced in the technote (https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22016328),
the changes introduced in MS SQL 2016 make this database incompatible with 9.2.12 and older versions of ILMT and BFI.
To be more specific, the inventory data is impacted, as even the simple comparison operation of the information about the same date and time performed on this database provides the incorrect result
Due to such MS SQL 2016 behavior change, ILMT and BFI cannot reliably work with the database records, and cannot correctly process the new, updated or deleted data.
For an example of such issue, see:
· MS SQL 2016 is not supported by 9.2.12 or any earlier ILMT/BFI server, regardless of the SQL Server compatibility level (changing compatibility level to SQL Server 2014 does not resolve the problem with the incorrect result of comparison operation).
· Any audit snapshot generated on SQL 2014 and any other database supported for ILMT or BFI is valid.
· Any audit snapshot generated on SQL 2016 is invalid, regardless of the reporting period covered.
o If you step into not supported configuration, if possible, revert to supported database version and recover data from the latest backup performed before switching to MS SQL 2016.
· According to the current plan, ILMT and BFI support for MS SQL 2016 is going to be released at the end of 3Q 2018. Wait for the new release before upgrading ILMT or BFI database to MS SQL 2016.
· ILMT and BFI team is considering a possibility to help customers who entered the unsupported path with a solution to preserve configuration (bundlings, vm managers, custom signatures, users & roles, etc), but not inventory data.
Watch the forum for updates regarding this topic.