Initiate Software Scan failing on Win 10 (1809)

Then I guess I could create an analysis for those failed machines and see what’s returned. I’m going to upgrade BFI to 9.2.15 but not kick off the new tasks until I get a moment to give the setting a look over.

I had a feeling… Installing BFI 9.2.15 resulted in JRE Failure in Step 2. I’ve upgraded many times and this is a first. Of course the system was unusable so I grabbed what logs I think may be helpful in understanding the issue and restored from a snapshot (the database is remote). I’m not going to be able to look at this more for a while.

All set. I’ve upgraded to BFI 9.2.15 and have re-deployed the Scan, Inventory, and Scanner Actions. Once those go out, I’ll try and monitor any Win10 failures.

Side question I never was clear on: After a BFI upgrade, it is necessary to Deactivate/Active Analyses?

Please send me the logs you grabbed michal.paluch@pl.ibm.com, thanks!

1 Like

I’m in the process of changing 100 endpoints that failed from 1 to 0. Then from 0 to 1. I’ll then run the scan and see if they succeed.

UPDATE: I’m running the “Initiate Software Scan (9.2.15.0)” on 44 endpoints where _BESClient_UsageManager_EnableAppUsageSummaryPath was set to 0 then to 1. The scans are now reporting as Completed.

1 Like

Glad to hear it. After finding this issue on Windows 10, I also encountered it on Red Hat Linux 6.9 Servers. Flipping the setting from 1 to 0 to 1 resolved it on these machines as well.