Imports Fail for Security Compliance Analytics

We recently upgraded our Root Server SQL database from 2014 to 2016. We attempted to upgrade the SCA database to the same but were told that it is not supported. When we brought back the SQL 14 database online imports started failing. The error we get is

2018-08-03 09:56:51 (+0:00:00.719) INFO: ETL Datasource task: from HQW0PRD0WSQL66 - SCM::VulnerabilityResult (0x000000013F01DC97 - 0x0000000144D48013): Failed
2018-08-03 10:08:20 (+0:11:29.609) ERROR: Sequel::DatabaseError: Java::ComMicrosoftSqlserverJdbc::SQLServerException: User does not have permission to perform this action.

It seems like a permissions issue but I am not a SQL admin so I am unsure. I opened a ticket with IBM but they seem to be blowing me off. I was hoping someone on here could direct me in the right direction.

You need to reach out to you SQL Admin and he can validate the user has been granted with the required permissions.

1 Like

Our SQL admin is out on leave but looking at the settings on the sql servers it appears the BigFix account has the dbowner role assigned to our BFEnterprise database as well as the TEMA database

Sorry to resurrect this, but I just had a message from someone encountering what looks like the same issue at the same stage, and I was wondering what was your resolution?

So I opened a ticket with IBM. The notes I have is this. I hope this helps

We verified that the current configured db user in SCA had not the owner permission for SCA database and could not run the stored procedure sp_updatestats (from SQL Server Management Studio).

We modified the ownership of SCA db with the stored procedure sp_changedbowner and checked that the update statistics were correctly run after the change.

1 Like