If You Had Only 80 Clients, Would You Deploy a Relay?

Hi @atlauren … Web Reports & BigFix have to be colocated on the same machine to use centralized VM Management. It doesn’t matter where BFI or ILMT are. If Web Reports is on a different machine from BigFix, you can’t use centralized VM Management (the default you get with ILMT/BFI where connections to VM Managers like VMware & hyperV are configured.)

–Mark

1 Like

@mtrain, thanks for the clarification. That’s good to know. We don’t currently do VM management inside BigFix, but it might be nice to keep that door open.

1 Like

I agree, thanks for the clarification and explanations. I haven’t used VM management, but would like to at some point.

Glad to give back, especially since I get so much help & guidance from all of you!

1 Like

you can have the co-located Web Reports for ILMT/BFI and still have another Web Reports server on a separate server for normal usage if required.
It helps to lighten the load on the Root Server as well.

1 Like

I actually think this is not a bad idea for larger infrastructures, to have a web reports server on the root server that is limited to use by the REST API and similar functions like ILMT/BFI, and have another web reports server that is for users to log into and use for running reports.