If service is installed and not running then start the service in action script - Completed

In a action script I have 18 services to check that is installed and if not running start the service. I don’t want to create a fixlet for each one checking for state of running service and then take action. So in the action script i would like to check the service is installed and state of running or not, so that i can build this wihtinone fixlet and run the same process for each of the 18 services. I know i can run the waithidden sc start “MyService” and if running will just error code and service will still be running. how can i do that cleaner?

first action line
if exists services whose (service name of it =“MYSERVICE” AND state of it as string != “running”)

ACTION:
waithidden sc start “MYSERVICE”

second action line (…16)
if exists services whose (service name of it =“MYSERVICE2” AND state of it as string != “running”)

ACTION:
waithidden sc start “MYSERVICE2”

One approach is would be to just do a start on the service anyway, if its already running then the it will skip to the next. Another option would be to pull a list of each service that isn’t running then send that to a for each CMD command so it processes each stopped service. A similar approach to this posting that was to stop services for each one that exists.