IBM Certification

I know that this thread is a little bit old, but I was planning on taking the C2150-508 Exam on Nov 11th (Veteran’s Day) And I just took the assessment exam on PersonVue twice and fail short on a couple of questions. So now I’m a little leary about scheduling the actual exam if the assessment exam was complicated, any thoughts??

The actual exam is easier than the assessment. If you fell short on assessment, I bet you will clear the actual exam easily. Good luck!

That was not my experience. I took the assessment test twice (failed both) and failed the cert exam twice and finally past on the 3rd try. I would suggest that you go through all the navigation through the domains. Repetition is really the only way. It is also made harder by the fact that they don’t tell you what you got wrong. Good luck

1 Like

I found some self test material online which matched exactly what was on the assessment exam. I’m coming through that material now and re-verifying info because some of those answers that folks said were the correct one are in question. I’ll keep you all updated on my progress.

Hi @dkf278
Do you get updates on what you last comment?

Hi guys
If the objective is to pass this certs, I guess some of you know the “Brain dumps”, I have tried to get the Brain Dump for the cert on Cert Deployment Professional, I guess is -521. Have you search for this BD? If you have luck please share the info, will be great

I took the Assessment test twice and failed both times. I also took the actual exam twice and failed those also. I don’t think the real exam is easier than the Assessment. The best way to pass this exam is just to keep using the product and studying. Also, try to remember as many questions as possible and write them down (or create a Word doc) as soon as you get home from the exam. I did this for BigFix and finally got my certification.

1 Like

@mikke I took the assessment test based off of the Passguide and Actualtests and failed twice. I believe that the information that was on those guides however are out of date, since both the assessment and exam versions have since been updated. It looks like the C2010-508 and C2020-521 Material has been replaced with the C2150-508 and C2150-521 Updated Material in which I haven’t had time to divulge into since the holidays, not to mention that I will be working for a new company who has me doing HBSS Administration next week. My plan is to get back and start dissecting the C2150-508 Stuff, not sure when my ETA will be.

1 Like

Good luck with the exam. You know what they say, 3 times is a charm. It was for me, as I too, failed it twice. But I did finally get the certification, so if you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

@Kensobel People might chase you for the document which you prepared.

@KenSobel generally “write down all the questions you remember” is considered a brain dump.

While I haven’t read IBM’s terms, in most cases providing or using braindumps is considered cheating, a violation of the certification terms and code of ethics, subject to having certifications revoked and/or civil penalties.

People well may “chase you down for that word doc”, but do consider this before providing it.

2 Likes

As JasonWalker stated, brain dumps are considered “cheating” and the penalties are as he stated.

I am not sure why people are having an issue with this test. If you are a regular user of BigFix, you have most of the information. The planning stuff is probably the “hardest” part but it is documented.

So question for those that have taken the test, is there something you would do differently to properly test knowledge? Or is there something you would change about the tests?

One thing I know cannot change is the way that it reports at the end. This has been a frustration of mine for many years as it is difficult to learn from your mistakes when you have no idea what those mistakes are. Unfortunately, this seems to be a “limitation” to the testing system. All it will do is tell you the general concept area that you are having an issue with.

I have both taken many IBM tests and been involved in creating a few (did not have time to assist with this one), so it would be interesting to hear what others would do differently.

2 Likes

Roger that, will do. I’m thinking about maybe giving myself a 6-12 month timeline to try the certification approach again. I know that this new company that I’m working with may have a need to want to roll out Bigfix in it’s corporate environment.

definitely something we shouldn’t be providing in the forum, but I don’t think this conversation has really included that at this point.

I did pass the BigFix certifications on the first try, but barely, and I failed one that I think was meant for BigFix sales & marketing or something like that. I do remember there being some questions that were a bit off in my mind. I don’t like questions that are more about memorization than understanding, or are things that could be looked up trivially and are not something you really need to know to work with BigFix either at all or only on very rare occasions. I do think the tests could have been better.

The #1 tip I have is that I would strongly recommend reading through all of the IBM BigFix documentation. It is a good exercise to do at least once not just for the tests, but also as a BigFix user. It might not be a bad refresher just before the test as well. One issue is that tests often pull from specific terminology that isn’t always the same terminology that is used informally.

I do think that answering questions like this and talking about the tests in general is a good idea. As long as it isn’t overly specific, I think it is useful to talk about things to look out for, tips, and improvements that could be made.

1 Like

Hi @jgstew,

I guess I was thinking in general, what would you do differently.

I used to complain about the formatting of the tests, so I decided that I would help out creating them. I started this back after taking the Tivoli Provisioning Manager 5.1 (I think it was that version) test and thinking how bad it was. I can tell you that was a very difficult test as TPM could do just about anything, so there was a huge scope of information to know about.

Martin

1 Like

All of the study guide links I’ve tried are broken, does someone have a good working link?

1 Like

The links are for an exam that has been retired. However, the study guide is still available here: https://www.ibm.com/certify/content/studyguides/studyguide_c2150-521.pdf

The current certifications include:
IBM BigFix Compliance V9.5 Fundamental Administration
IBM BigFix Lifecycle V9.5 Administration
IBM BigFix Inventory V9.5 and Licence Metric Tool V9.2 Administration

3 Likes