Content pack 220.127.116.11 provides new discovery capability for a number of software components.
Software discovery capability is extended in the form of updates in the software catalog. A new version of the catalog is uploaded during every upgrade of the BigFix Inventory server. If you upgrade the server on a quarterly basis, you do not need to apply content packs. Apply this content pack in the following scenarios:
Published site version
IBM® BigFix® Inventory - version 110. For information about changes that were introduced in each version of the site, see: Updates and patches.
New discovery capability
This content pack provides discovery capability, among others, for the following software components:
- Added discovery capability for Red Hat products:
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat Satellite Server
- Added discovery capability for SAP products:
- BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer
- SAP Contract Lifecycle Management
- Sybase Replication Server
- Added discovery capability for Symantec products:
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Veritas Cluster Server Agent
- Veritas File System
- Veritas NetBackup
- Veritas Storage Foundation
- Veritas Volume Manager
To browse the full catalog content after you apply this content pack, use the Software Catalog widget in BigFix Inventory.
Applying the content pack
To apply this content pack for version 9.2.11 or higher, run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import. For instructions of applying the content pack on older versions, see: Updating the software catalog to ensure accuracy of software reporting. Installation of this content pack does not upgrade the BigFix Inventory server.