IBM BigFix Compliance
Updated CIS Checklist for RHEL 7 to update remediation description and compliance logic.
CIS Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.1.1
CIS Checklist for RHEL 7, site version 9
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
• xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_6.1.7_Ensure_permissions_on_etcshadow-_are_configured: Updated remediation description of the fixlet
• xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_6.1.9_Ensure_permissions_on_etcgshadow-_are_configured: Updated remediation description of the fixlet
• xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_4.1.12_Ensure_use_of_privileged_commands_is_collected : Updated compliance logic of the fixlet
Actions to take:
• To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using IBM BigFix version 9.2 and later.
• If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
To know more about the IBM BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see the following resources:
• IBM Developer Works:
• IBM BigFix Blog:
• IBM BigFix Forum:
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
– The IBM BigFix Compliance team