I have created manual group. By mistake i have taken wrong naming convention.I want to rename these manual group.Please share your suggestion

I have created manual group. By mistake i have taken wrong naming convention.I want to rename these manual group.Please share your suggestion

You cannot rename a manual group as far as I know. You would need to select all the members of the manual group then add them to a new manual group and give the new group the correct name. You would then delete the incorrectly named group.

Regs
Rob

1 Like

From a Usability standpoint, Automatic Groups are far more functional than Manual Groups. I recommend you avoid Manual Groups, and use an Automatic Group instead.

3 Likes

Yes as @SLB has replied , we cannot rename a manual group

But i have previous automatic group.But in this automatic new client are not adding automatically.

Hi @Prakasho

We had that problem too. Our problem was that we made a group in site A, but our device couldn’'t subscribe to site A (wrong Active directory path). If that’s the case, the device won’t subscribe to the group too. So check this also.

2 Likes

@Prakasho that could be coz of not using right computer properties to subscribe them.

@steini44 is correct.

One of the difference between Automatic and Manual groups is that Automatic Groups can be placed in Custom Sites.

1 Like

@Prakasho Check if your computers are reporting with current date and time, if not then they will not report to newly created Automatic group.

Try restarting the bes client of the machine which needs to be add into the group and check