I hate Symantec

(imported topic written by boostaz191)

Ok Symantecs fix for computers that are not communicating is to update an XML file using their applications. So I created a software distribution will all the correct files. My question is: is my “IF” statement correct? Am I using the Parameter function correctly?

extract SylinkXML.tmp

//My Company\Default Group

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Default Group” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Default Group_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\Casa Grande

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\Casa Grande” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_Casa Grande_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\Coolidge

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\Coolidge” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_Coolidge_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\Eloy

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\Eloy” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_Eloy_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\Maricopa

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\Maricopa” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_Maricopa_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\San Manuel\Oracle

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\San Manuel\Oracle” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_San Manuel_Oracle_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\San Manuel

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\San Manuel” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_San Manuel_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Default Group

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Default Group” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\WACC\Call Center

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\WACC\Call Center” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_WACC_Call Center_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\WACC\Lab

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\WACC\Lab” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_WACC_Lab_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\WACC\OB

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\WACC\OB” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_WACC_OB_sylink.xml"

//My Company\Desktops\WACC\Pediatrics

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\WACC\Pediatrics” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_WACC_Pediatrics_sylink.xml"

// My Company\Desktops\WACC

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\Desktops\WACC” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_Desktops_WACC_sylink.xml"

//My Company\DocSend

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\DocSend” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_DocSend_sylink.xml"

//My Company\DocSend

if value “CurrentGroup” of key “HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\SYLINK\SyLink” of registry =“My Company\DocSend” then parameter “XmlFile”=__Download"My Company_sylink.xml"

wait __Download\SylinkDrop.exe -silent (parameter “XmlFile” of action)

(imported comment written by BenKus)

If syntax is:

IF {exists “some relevance”}

copy “__download\something.exe” “somewhere.exe”

ENDIF

Ben