HTTP and FTP port status

Hi All,

Can we query here in Bigfix whether FTP or HTTP port is open?Thanks

1 Like

Listening sockets:

unique values of (concatenations of (it as string)) of (name of process of it | (if (windows of operating system) then "SYSTEM" else "N\A"), (if (udp of it) then ("UDP") else ("TCP")), local port of it) of sockets whose (udp of it or listening of tcp state of it) of network

More details: https://bigfix.me/analysis/details/2998462

does it support FTP and HTTP?

The output contains all the opened ports, it does not include ports already used to establish a connection.

You may probably simplify this to:
q: unique values of local ports of (sockets of network) whose ( (local port of it = 80) or (local port of it = 21))

But mentioned queries do not tell you if those ports are opened in a local firewall

Hi Vnovik,

Thanks for the relevance Sir. Is there a better way to query if FTP or HTTP is allowed on a server? Thanks

thanks vnovik. on my relevance below if the result is true, does it mean the port is open? Thanks

q:exists unique values of local ports of (sockets of network) whose ( (local port of it = 80) AND (listening of tcp state of it))
A: True
T: 0.850 ms

Would this work for you ?
Q; if exists (sockets of network) whose ((local port of it = 21) and (tcp state of it as string = “ESTABLISHED”)) Then “Active” else “Not in use”

Hi Pete, What I need is to query whether the port is open or closed. Thanks

Is the question if the port is available to connect or if the port is in use?

If its the latter the below answers can show it. If its the former and you are looking to see if the firewall has the ports open that is very different

Hi Alan,

the question is if the port is available to connect. Thanks