How to switch Import SHA fixlet from attempting to import to C drive

Import SHA fixlet keep attempting to import files to C drive and fails or Complete with exit code 16.
How can I force it to switch from C to D drive?

Note: SHA source is from mounted ISO

fixlet script:

if {(not exists setting “_BESGather_Download_CacheLimitMB” of client OR value of setting “_BESGather_Download_CacheLimitMB” of client as integer is less than 61440)}
setting “_BESGather_Download_CacheLimitMB”=“61440” on “{parameter “action issue date” of action}” for client
endif

if {following text of first “=” of (selects “VolumeName from win32_CDROMDrive” of wmi as string) = “ISO” }
waithidden cmd.exe /C rd /s /q {((first 1 of (value “wwwrootfolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string)) & “:\ISO\import”)}
waithidden cmd.exe /C mkdir {((first 1 of (value “wwwrootfolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string)) & “:\ISO\import”)}
waithidden cmd.exe /C copy {((if property “VolumeName” of it as string contains “ISO” then (substring after “=” of (property “ID” of it as string) & “\Import*.txt”) else nothing) of select objects (“ID,VolumeName from win32_CDROMDrive”) of wmi)} {((first 1 of (value “wwwrootfolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string)) & “:\ISO\import”)}
waithidden cmd.exe /C robocopy {((if property “VolumeName” of it as string contains “ISO” then (substring after “=” of (property “ID” of it as string) & “\Import\sha1”) else nothing) of select objects (“ID,VolumeName from win32_CDROMDrive”) of wmi)} {((value “wwwrootfolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string) & “\bfmirror\downloads\sha1”)} /MIR /XO
else
waithidden this_executable_throws_an_error.exe
endif

Thanks,
SS

What site is this Fixlet in, and what is the Fixlet name or Fixlet ID? I’m not familiar with this one.

Hi Jason,

fixlet id: 46192 with name: “Import SHA files”.

Regards,
SS

I don’t seem to have that fixlet in my environment. What Site is it in?
I’m trying to determine whether this is one of our official fixlets (that I can obtain and look at) or whether it’s something custom that was created by one of your administrators.

Jason,

You are correct, I believe this is a custom script.

Regards,
SS

Ok, I’m trying to figure out the use-case here. Why is this a task/fixlet? What are you trying to accomplish?

If someone has to physically bring a CD or DVD drive and plug it into the server, why not just run a robocopy command-line while you’re there? Wrapping this in a task to still only have it execute on a single system just seems like overkill.

Anyway, your question was about “How can I force it to switch from C to D drive”. By that I assume you mean the target path for the robocopy…the action looks like it’s doing the correct thing, with the copy target based on the value “wwwrootfolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string registry value, that should dynamically locate the correct wwwrootbes folder. Is the wwwrootbes folder installed on the C: drive or D: drive?

Jason,

The “wwwrootfolder” value of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” does not exist in OS registry, I was able to find it under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BigFix\Enterprise Server” with different path for wwwrootfolder between the new installation and previous installation.

I’ve opened a support case for this issue, and it looks like they pointed me to : Relocation of wwwrootbes directory to another partition

Regards,
SS

There are two installations? I’m not sure what you are talking about, and I’m afraid to even hazard a guess as to what your intentions are at this point.

Good luck.

it sounds like they may have migrated and used MKLINK to move wwwrootbes to different partition/drive.

Yes, I got 2 systems, one is a fresh installation of BigFix and another BigFix install that was previously configured by another administrator but the fixlet does not behave the same way on both systems when it comes to copying/importing the SHAs to the drive and I was wondering if there is a configuration or setting
related to BigFix somewhere on the OS todirect the files to another drive.

Thanks for your support.
SSt

Take a look at this: BES Server Download Cache Location

Also, are you in an air-gap environment?

I’m trying to think of a use case to have your download cache on a mounted ISO… and air-gap would explain it.