How to export Reports in Web Reports Properly?

Hi,

I want to export reports from web reports in the below formats, how to do it?

.beswrpt
.webreport
.besrpt

Note: I tried in .beswrpt WR.PrintReportXML() but while importing it, i’m getting Javascript/JSON errors?

Thank you,
Ra Ju

1 Like

Hope this will work.
Installation:
Download the zip file ext-3.2.0-computercompliance16-asset12-fixletcompliance11.zip
http://www.leewei.com/bigfix/prod/customreports/ext-3.2.0-computercompliance16-asset12-fixletcompliance11.zip
Unzip to the BigFix Web Reports root directory, for example “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot”.
You should have a \wwwroot\ext-3.2.0 directory.
If the \ext-3.2.0 directory already exists, the easiest is to rename it first.
Create the report by going to the Reports link/tab in Web Reports.
Scroll to the bottom to find button "Import Report"
Browse to the Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group v1.6.beswrpt report file in the \ext-3.2.0 directory
It is in an XML format

Requirements:
The report works in both Web Reports version 7.2 and 8.0.
The charts require Flash Player 9.0 or above.
The export to Excel function requires Firefox.
This report does extensive JavaScript processing. IE7 is particularly slow in this regard. Please consider upgrading to IE8 or better still Firefox.
Safari is not supported because it does not allow the modification of script timeout period. For long running reports (say >5000 computers), Safari will timeout.

I think you didn’t get my question or i said it in a different way.

I want to export the saved reports from web reports in the following formats.
.beswrpt
.webreport
.besrpt

as simple as that, can someone help me on this please…

Best Regards

1 Like

The formats mentioned above are really simply XML or HTML files containing the definitions of custom reports. The definition of custom reports can be viewed by clicking the ‘Edit Source’ button after running the report, which you can then copy/paste into a file (which would typically correspond with a .besrpt). I’m not aware of a method currently to export the source of multiple custom reports via the UI in one go (perhaps this qualifies as a good RFE!).

2 Likes

Agreed, this would be a good enhancement request. Have the ability to search webreports session relevance and sync reports across multiple WebReports is also needed.

2 Likes