How to create a task(input the "ID" in the custom property )

I want to input the “ID” in the custom property(Registry).
I created the following task. But if bigfix agent re-installed , the ID is changed and the custom property isn’t changed.
So please tell me if you have any idea.
I think that I need to change the Relevance. But I don’t know the idea.

Name:BigFixID
script :setting “BigFixID”="{computer id}" on “{now}” for client
Relevance:(version of client >= “6.0.0.0”) AND (exists true whose (if true then (not exists setting “BigFixID” of client) else false))

I can’t fathom a scenario in which you wouldn’t just retrieve the computer ID directly, rather than duplicating it; but given that, you’d need the task to become relevant again when the computer id changes.

(version of client >= “6.0.0.0”) AND (exists true whose (if true then (not exists setting “BigFixID” whose (value of it = computer id) of client) else false))

Thank you for your quick reply.

My Plan is the following.
I want to input the ID in registory and collect the information by the another system.
Then using the ID value cooperate with BIgFIx inventory and anoher system information.

Ah, I see.
I’m pretty sure the computer ID is already present in the client registry…probably not under Settings, but under one of the keys just above it.

Thank you for your reply.

I’m pretty sure the computer ID is already present in the client registry…probably not under Settings, but under one of the keys just above it.

Really? If you saying is correct , please tell me the registry path.

Turns out, it may be more complex than you’d want to deal with. It’s there, at “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\GlobalOptions\ComputerID”. But, it’s REG_BINARY and byte-swapped.

My computer ID is 6223155

q: 6223155 as hexadecimal
A: 5ef533

In the Registry, it’s stored as 33,f5,5e,00,00,00,00,00

1 Like

Computer ID decode (including the tricky bit swapping part) Solved by @SLB here:

But I think your initial action script should have worked as well.
setting "BigFixID"="{computer id}" on "{now}" for client

1 Like