How to configure action not to install

Hi,
I want to install two programs In my organization but some computers already have these installed.
how can I surpass these computers?? (I want these computers in the admin console will be on the status not relvent )
I will appreciate it if you have any suggestions how to do it.

Thanks shay.

I would set relevance to check for the application existence.

if (exists keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase starts with "silverlight") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x64 registry) then (true) else (false)

if it exist you can switch it to false so it excludes it. so:

if (exists keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase starts with "silverlight") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x64 registry) then (false) else (true)

you also want to look at this for the x64 instance its no necessary. but you can use it.

and then place the Tasks in a Baseline and the Task when its executed it will just skip if relevance has a false statement.

as per showing in the console, you can create an “analyses” and add the row to computers on your view. Also set the refresh to like 30days or something like that unless you really need every time the system reports in to run that.

So basically I need to write script
Maybe I can do script in cmd (.bat) and put in bigfix action? if yes how?

Thanks

Basically you write a Fixlet.

A Fixlet has a set of Relevance Statements that are used to detect whether the product can/should be installed. If all of the statements evaluate to True, the Fixlet is “Relevant”. These statements do two things - 1) Check that the systems is capable of installing the application, such as “This is a Windows machine” and “This is a 64-bit machine”; and (2) check that the program (or higher version) is not already installed.

The second thing a Fixlet has is an Action. The Action contains whatever steps are required to download and then install the application. You must determine how to silently install the application (whatever command-line parameters are needed) before you can attempt to deploy it via BigFix.

Once you identify whatever registry keys / values or files you can use to detect whether the product is installed, and the command lines required to install the product, the Software Deployment Dashboard (often referred to in this forum as “SWD”) can help you build a custom fixlet.

Here is an example actionscript to run a BAT file:

delete __createfile

//    CREATEFILE
createfile until END_OF_FILE

# REPLACE THE FOLLOWING WITH THE SCRIPT YOU WANT TO RUN ON THE ENDPOINT

END_OF_FILE

delete run.bat
move __createfile run.bat

waithidden cmd /C run.bat

You must escape { characters in the script if they exist to be {{

Can you provide examples of what you would like to run?

I dont think need a batch files to do what you need to do.
I think we presenting you 2 options.
I hope Im not confusing you when Im trying to help x.x
so here is another option.
Lets say you want to install “Avengers vs Justice League” and it requires “C++ 2008 Distro Driver”

you can create a task using the deployment Wizard that will create the “Avengers vs Justice League” and go thru the process again to create another task for “C++ 2008 Distro Driver”

Now go into the “C++ 2008 Distro Driver” and add an additional relevance line to it

on you relevance you can do 2 things. one check for a file in a directory or look at teh registry. what I first posted was looking at the registry.

This relevance will filter in those systems whose condition is true.

do the same thing with the other task “Avengers vs Justice League”

then add them both in a Baseline and that one when you send the request the systems that meet the criteria will push.
As per if you need to send a report you can go base in the relevance built and see what systems show.
I hope this helps and clarifies things more.

Thank you everyone one your help.
I took a template of filtering out the users who installed them the programs and this way I found how has the programs and who didn’t have, then I have distributed to users who did not had the softwares.

Thank you again :slight_smile: