How to Automate Client Deploy Tool using version 9.5.6.63

Hi there,

How to Automate BES Client Deploy Tool using version 9.5.6.63?

THanks.

1 Like

Instructions at https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Installation/c_using_the_client_deploy_tool_new.html

1 Like

In general I would deploy BigFix by GPO with a WMI filter if systems are in AD instead of the Client Deploy Tool if that option is available to you.

If they are non-windows systems or they don’t have another way of installing software remotely, then that is definitely where the Client Deploy Tool is most useful.

1 Like

This is how we do it; GPO based startup script checks if BigFix is installed and stopped, tries to start it if it is, and if not removes existing versions with besremove and then installs a clean version.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else doing GPO based deployments, and if so, are you using startup scripts or something else? The biggest downside to startup scripts is that they need a reboot after policy is applied to run.

1 Like

We are using GPO startup scripts but we’re just checking that the program is installed. Any chance you can share your startup script? Thanks.

3 Likes

That is usually sufficient, but I can see the value in going further in some cases, but I always worry about the thing that is supposed to fix a problem in rare cases causing problems in all cases due to mistriggering somehow.

Thanks All for the feedback…
I couldn’t integrate it to GPO as we are heavily dependent on the ClientDeploy Tool Remotely install.