How do I generates reports base on monthly or selective previous month

(imported topic written by daniel_gan91)

Hi,

I am a newbie in BigFix.

My boss wanted me to generate report for previous month(selective) of last year and begining of this year till March 2010.

How can I accomplish the task??

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Dan,

What sorts of reports did you want to run?

Ben

I’m being ask to provide a report for our workstations compliance which I’m able to do with several reports but now I’m asked to run a report for the compliance for a group a endpoint from a previous date and time.For instance what was the compliance of COMPUTER1, COMPUTER2, COMPUTER3 from 2 months ago so we can compare what there state is now.

Is this something Bigfix can handle?

If so is there somewhere i can look to try to accomplish this task

Thanks

Sounds like you are looking for a solution to show compliance trending over time and at specified points in time. Bigfix agent only sends the latest system compliance info up to the core server, just as it does with other computer properties. Therefore, you’ll always see the latest compliance and computer property info as of clients last report time. To get more of a trending capability for security compliance you will need to implement Bigfix Compliance solution (separate SQL database and application server) which can give you more high level reporting on checklist and vulnerability compliance trending over time. Recommend you test this solution to see if it gives you enough data. Keep in mind though, it will show trending info from the point you install Bigfix Compliance. You can choose how long compliance data is stored (ie 1 year, 180 days, 90 days ect.) Nightly ETL imports from the core Bigfix database allow Bigfix Compliance to retain compliance info over time. Here’s a link that can help you research capabilities: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6MCG_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.compliance.doc/welcome/BigFix_Compliance_welcome.html. Here’s a link to the latest users guide: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Compliance/SCA_Users_Guide.pdf which contains screenshots of reporting views as well