How can I install Superseded patch MS12-080

(imported topic written by Niall.Fraser)

We have a requirement to patch our servers in waves, so don’t want to install the latest patches yet, we have installed MS12-080 to some of our exchange servers and now need to add it to the rest. However it has now been superseded so does not show as relevant any more. I am trying to patch one server tonight, and before the new patches were released, MS12-080 was relevant on that server, but now that it is superseded by MS13-012 I can’t install it. I select the fixlet, then take action and type in the server name into the list of targets.

The patch gets downloaded and cached on the server, waiting for the start time, but the action then says that it is not relevant so I don’t think it will get installed.

Am I doing something wrong - I have tried creating a baseline with all 4 fixlets for MS12-080 and tried using that but get the same “not relevant” message

thanks

Niall

(imported comment written by Niall.Fraser)

I think I have solved it - I created a custom copy of the fixlet and change the relevance to “all computers” and it now says “Waiting”. Would that be the normal solution in cases like this?

thanks

Niall

(imported comment written by liuhoting)

Creating a custom copy of the fixlet and removing the first relevance item (false) should make it be applicable to it’s original targets.