How can BigFix handle restarts for Linux machines?

Hello,
Our environment is a mix of AWS and on-premise machines running CentOS (mostly). Our users either SSH or VNC into their VMs on a daily basis and work from there.

I was wondering how BigFix handles restarts on Linux machines. I know on Windows there’s a popup that allows users to restart or postpone, etc. I wanted to check if there’s a similar solution for our needs since I’m not sure how BigFix can prompt to a user in an SSH session, or even VNC for that matter.

Is there a best practice or recommended ways to configure this whole patching subject?
Thanks

bigfix can do the restart. but i don’t do it due to personel/ uncomfortable reason.

you can use shell script task and run the command “reboot”.

I have a task that uses the wall command to alert users that patching is started. When its complete, another task checks if the system needs a reboot and if yes, does so. Otherwise it uses wall to give a Patching complete message.

wait sudo su - root -c “needs-restarting -r || shutdown -r +1 ‘Patching is complete. System being rebooted’ || wall ‘Patching is complete. No reboot required.’”

This doesn’t give the users an option to postpone. I suppose this could be scripted somehow.