Help With Hardware/OS Migration

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hi All,

I’ve been told by our Windows support team that we need to upgrade the TEM 8.1 Server OS from Win2003 to Win2008. This will also include a hardware refresh too.

I’m struggling to find any documentation for this scenario - can anyone point me to anything that will give me a step by step quide?

Has anybody else here had to do the same thing and can give me a few tips / gotcha’s?

Does anyone know if I can run TEM on two different OS levels in a DSA configuration, migrate the clients from the current primary to the new, and then ‘pull the plug’ on the current?

Thanks for any help / advice you can give me.

Mark.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I’ve found a few more articles on the forum that seem to fit but they are all quite old now. There is one, from 2006/7, that looks very useful but I’m not sure what versions of OS and/or BF the doc relates to - but would the process still be the same?

There is also mention of a KB article -

http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=133

• but this just returns a blank page. Has it been moved into the IBM Developerworks pages? If so, any idea where I can find it?

Thanks,

Mark.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Our KB backend from the BigFix days terminated the service before we completed the KB transition… We are working on restoring it…

Sorry… they are working on it…

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Thanks Ben.