Get the current Action name while running the action

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Is there a way to get the current action name while the action is running, I’m running my Build baseline and I wanted to

create a running log file for each action when it starts and finishes, actions like Netback or TSM and other apps that take a long time

to install, would be nice to have that in the log file so people could see where the build process is

waithidden cmd.exe /C echo “Begin Install: NetBackup” >> {name of drive of windows folder}\utils\BuildLog.txt

action stuff…

waithidden cmd.exe /C echo “Complete Install: NetBackup” >> {name of drive of windows folder}\utils\BuildLog.txt

to something generic like this…

waithidden cmd.exe /C echo “Begin Install: {Name of current Action}” >> {name of drive of windows folder}\utils\BuildLog.txt

action stuff…

waithidden cmd.exe /C echo “Complete Install: {Name of current Action}” >> {name of drive of windows folder}\utils\BuildLog.txt

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Mark,

I looked around and I don’t see a “name of active action” inspector unfortunately…

You can get the ID of the action or Fixlet like this:

{id of active action} or { origin fixlet id of active action}

But that doesn’t seem super helpful for the log file…

Ben

Hello 5 year old thread…

I wanted to do this and figured out something that worked for me

Action Name:
Action Name: {values of headers "Subject" of active action}

Fixlet Name:
"Fixlet Name: {values of headers "Subject" of fixlets whose (id of it = origin fixlet id of active action) of sites whose (name of it contains "Content") as string}"

You can probably replace

sites whose (name of it contains "Content")

with just

sites

If you don’t want to narrow down the number of sites to search through.

I also can’t seem to figure out if there is anyway to pop back up to the baseline level from the fix let action… This would be nice to be able to get the name of the baseline that the fixlet of the current action is a part of.

1 Like

So I always knew that a baseline contains copies of the fix lets from the time the baseline was last synced.

Today I learned that the fixlet copies within the baseline live in the Mailboxsite site.

So for this to work for fixlets within baselines… you need to use this for relevance:
{values of headers "Subject" of fixlets whose (id of it = origin fixlet id of active action) of sites whose (name of it contains "Content" or name of it contains "mailboxsite") as string}

Right now I’m limiting the sites due to duplicate Fixlet IDs…

2 Likes