Get analysis values through revelance expression

Dear gurus,

I am new learning relevance expression, now it is a scenario to get results of an analysis.

In Presentation Debugger, the following expression:

names of computers of results of properties of fixlets whose (name of it is "Measured values - Password Never Expires WIN-MULTI (Violations)") of bes custom site whose (name of it is "C_WIN")

will return the computer name that have results, for example “MCP2_WIN7-PC” in my instance.

But the following expression:

values of results of properties of fixlets whose (name of it is "Measured values - Password Never Expires WIN-MULTI (Violations)") of bes custom site whose (name of it is "C_WIN")

the returned value is empty.

From the IEM console, in “Results” tab, there is one applicable computer, and it shows one result as MCP2_WIN7-PC as computer name, and FSN0004E… as value of another column.

In my understanding, the relevance expression can get the value of FSN0004E…, but it just returns empty.
BTW, when use the “value count of results” expression, the returned value is 0…

Could you please throw me some light, how I can get the value? many thanks!

I have very limited experience with session relevance, but when I use the rest api and the following query:

https://server:52311/api/query?relevance=(name of it, id of it) of properties of BES Fixlets whose (name of it contains “someAnalysesName”)

I get something like:

• First Analyses Property
  • 0099641382 148282 1
  • Second Analyses Property
  • 0099641382 148282 2

where each tuple contains the info about that property (site id, analysis id, property id). So if I wanted just the values of the second (tuple or analysis property) I would use:

https://server:52311/api/query?relevance=(values of results of bes properties whose (id of it = (0099641382,148282,2)))

And I get something like:

• False False True True False

Try using bes properties instead of fixlets in your relevance. I think that is the problem.

@dakota, @jgstew thanks!

actually it works in following expression:

error message of results of properties of fixlets whose (name of it is "Measured values - Password Never Expires WIN-MULTI (Violations)") of bes custom site whose (name of it is "C_LNX")

and it returns “User-defined error: FSN0004E Result file does not exist”

So although this string is displayed in IEM control:

Computer Name                 Password Never Expires (Violations)
MCP2_WIN7-PC                User-defined error: FSN0004E Result file does not exist

Actuall it is an error message, that’s why the ‘values’ return empty…

1 Like