Get a list/report or analysis of any versions of Java/JRE installed on Servers

Hi Everyone,

I need assistance in getting a list/report (or create an Analysis) of any versions of Java/JRE installed on all servers. I have created a Web report but it seems there is a better way to do this.

Please advise.

Thanks, J

Forum search…

Hello,

If you are just looking for an output of display name and version of Java JRE installed on Windows servers, the below works for the JRE installations in my environment.

Q: concatenations " | " of (values (“DisplayName” ; “DisplayVersion”) of keys whose (value “InstallLocation” of it as string starts with “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre” OR value “InstallLocation” of it as string starts with “C:\Program Files\Java\jre”) of keys “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (x32 registries ; x64 registries) as string)

A: Java 8 Update 361 | 8.0.3610.9 | Java 8 Update 361 (64-bit) | 8.0.3610.9

That works for well behaved installations. The problem is that there are packages that are not well behaved and come complete with their own java install buried within the folder structure of the installed application.

Some do it to be ‘helpful’, some because they have a dependency on some weird feature of a specific release that fails if it uses a different version and some because they hard code paths.

Whatever the reason, these copies of Java don’t get their details written to the registry and can be scattered anywhere on any volume.

1 Like

Are you licensed for BigFix Inventory?
If so I would suggest to go that route, there is already content to report on Java Installations.

1 Like