Gather Error - bessupport

Greetings - I’ve downloaded 9.2.6 and setup both a Windows & Linux Server for testing and performance comparisons.

All external sites gather correctly (they show “Ready” via localhost:52311/cgi-bin/bfenterprise/besgathermirrornew.exe) except one:

Failed:

Id: 3 Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 05:04:25 +0000
Url: sync.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/bfgather/bessupport
Error Message: 3: Unable to get site content (failed to pass sha1 hash value checks).

I’ve let both run over 48 hours - the problem still exists.

I’ve AIRGAP’d one server as well - still the same problem. IMHO - there’s a corruption somewhere within - and by that I mean a block error on disk:

sync.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/bfgather/bessupport

I’m not sure if this is the forum - but as these are Evals - I can’t submit to IBM Software Support for assistance.

Unfortunately - the Console only has “All Content” and no other categories - our evaluations and testing are at a standstill.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated in advance - Glenn

1 Like

Check the GatherDB log files on the BigFix servers.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli+Endpoint+Manager/page/Common+File+Locations

My system successfully gathered BES Support version 1238 at 00:44 UTC yesterday (wed 2 dec).

Problems with GatherDB are often due to something in the network altering the BigFix content.

The BES Support site is needed for the Console to function, so that’s why you only see All Content.

Thanks for the feedback - I have a 9.2.5.130 Evaluation that also has successfully gathered:

Ready:
Id: 3 Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 16:55:48 +0000 Version: 1238

It is both Windows & Linux 9.2.6.94 Evaluations that return:

Failed:
Id: 3 Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 17:53:55 +0000
Error Message: 3: Unable to get site content (failed to pass sha1 hash value checks).

All of the above Eval Servers are located in the same DMZ so networking cannot be an issue.

Could an encryption library possibly have changed? And if an existing 9.2.5.130 was upgraded to 9.2.6.94 it might have the correct libraries - but both of my clean - bare box 9.2.6.94 Evaluations fail.

Possibly related to this 7hr old problem?

It could be related, but that problem is much older. It was first noticed about a month ago, but it started much earlier than that, and before upgrading to 9.2

Is the situation still occurring? The other linked issue should not be related.