Force machines to OU during OSD

Hi all,

I would like to be able to force machines that already exist on the domain to be moved into a staging OU to complete the SOE build process.

Currently I am having to leave an action running that automatically picks up any SOE build machines (based on a flag) and runs a script to move them back to the staging OU. While this works, it takes a long time and it would be better if the machines could just join the domain to the OU I specify in the first instance.

The issue seems to stem from the fact that if a machine is already on the domain, and is re-built it does not join the domain to the OU specified on the Image Profile, rather it remains in the same OU it was originally in.

So my question is; Is there a simple way to force machines to join the domain to the OU specified in the Image Profile?

Cheers

Using the netdom command, you can join them to a specific OU. In our environment, we use if-elseif logic to determine the correct OU based on naming convention, location/subnet, and machine role. Thus the netdom script is dynamically generated and customized per endpoint.

Thanks JonL.

I guess I am more looking for a solution within the image deployment itself so that it occurs while the task sequence is running.
I would also prefer not to mess around with the default MDT task sequence if possible.
Is there a way to set a Manual property within an image profile that would achieve this?
i.e. would setting a DeploymentType other than NEWCOMPUTER force an OU location?

Cheers