Flash 32.0.0.255 causing problem with Various Dashboards in bigfix

We are seeing issues with both the Baseline Sync Dashboards in Bigfix labs and the regular dashboards and I think its Flash related. If you open either Dashboard and then click on a Baseline to open it so you can edit it, it no longer opens but clicking elsewhere (In -Sync) etc, does work. Have cleared Flash and console caches, no change Flash Version 32.0.0.255

Ok this Flash Problem is getting worse the deeper we did into it… Software Distribution Dashboard, Manage Tasks, used to be able to click on the task and open it. That too no longer works with Flash 32.0.0.255 as installed by microsoft updates.

I see a bug opened at Adobe about this.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FP-4199035

Need an account (free to open one) to view the bug but in short, the Flash Actionscript navigateToURL() call looks like it’s being blocked in Flash 32.0.0.255.

The workaround suggested in the bug is to add “EnableInsecureActiveXNavigateToURL=1” flag in the MMS.CFG(C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash) file.

The MMS.CFG file didn’t exist on my system so I created it and adding the flag got the links working again.

7 Likes

Thank you. That worked.

Worked like charm, immediately, to me too.

Thanks a lot!

[bump]

Just ran into this (again) on a fresh system.

[bump]

FYI - This reappeared on my Console server recently. Not sure when.