Fixlet Relevance is false, but machines are still applicable

We have created a fixlet for local admin check and as per this relevance, machine will be applicable if the output of the relevacne is not blank but there are approx 40 machines which are showing applicable however relevance is false.
Restarted Bes client service, removed and reregistered endpoint on console but that did not helped. Below is the relevance script for it:

(concatenation “;” of (elements of (set of (members of local group “administrators” as string) - set of (“CONSECO\Domain Admins”; “CONSECO\Endpoint Admins”;(hostname as string as uppercase) & “\cnoadmin”;(hostname as string as uppercase) & “\Administrator”)))) != “”

Looks like something weird in the fixlet relevance in the DB. Are those machine resulting “relevant” Virtual machine and you did a snapshot revert ? Does you BigFix server reside on a Virtal machine that have been reverted ? If not then test the relevance on the local computer (or use fixlet debugger -> Evaluate -> query channel using QnA) to make sure the above relevance is false.

1 Like

Where they ever relevant and then became non-relevant?

Two things come to mind. If you have ran the relevance against the machine itself (Either the Fixlet Debugger or the QnA command) and they show false, then you need to verify the machine has “Last checked in” since the relevance should have resolved to false and ensure your evaluations have completed and not being interrupted.

Any time I see these issues it is because the system has not checked in or the system has checked in but is not completing its evaluation due to a long evaluation time being interrupted by the polling.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your responses. My issue resolved by changing the success criteria of task.

I have selected “Consider this action successful when the applicability relevance evaluates false”.

1 Like