Firewall ports required open for Bigfix

Does anybody know what ports on a firewall must be open for Bigfix console to install and display all icons properly ?
After install I don`t seem to get the icons as shown in the IBM installation guide. I have read udp/tcp for port 52311 must be open both ways, can anyone confirm this ? Thanks

Steve

The Console requires port TCP/52311 to communicate with the BES Server.

The UDP/52311 is used by the client, not the Console. The BES Server and BES Relays need to be able to send the UDP/52311 packets to endpoints.

If you’re referring to the icons in the bottom right corner of the Console, those are associated with the Domains of Fixlet sites. If you haven’t done so already, you’ll want to enable the sites of interest via the License Overview Dashboard, and ensure that they (along with BES Support) have been properly gathered by your Root Server. This corresponds to traffic type ‘E’ of the Network Traffic Guide.

Once the Root Server has gathered the sites, the traffic between it and the Console would be type ‘D’ in the network traffic guide as described by TimRice.

Related: https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/210794/what-is-the-ip-range-for-the-bigfix-content-server.html

1 Like

Yeah thanks I have enabled the bigfix site, but dont get the License metric tool dashboard so I cant go any further.
The Sites - IBM License Reporting - subscribed computers - "dashboard missing"
I would have though it would be common install problem, server has internet access OK

@Steven1 - check the other thread - Bigfix License tool dashboard missing

My issue was proxy, its a load balancer and was blocking the sites. I changed it and now working fine.
Thanks again itsmpro92 and bigfix ninja